Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave50  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:34:33 PM(UTC)
dave50

Groups: Registered

Maytag LDG710 won't stay lit I've read suggestions from other posts with similar problem but have hit a wall and need some advice. Dryer burner ignites for 10 seconds then goes out. About a minute later it repeats this cycle. I have already replaced the following parts:

1. Igniter
2. Gas valve solenoid coils
3. Flame sensor
4. High limit thermostat

What else can I try?

PS: Originally burner would light for about a minute and a half. Then after a while igniter would light but burner would not light. Now with new coils it is doing as described above.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:02:27 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Groups: Registered

Check to make sure you have adequate gas pressure from the wall. Also check to make sure your gas to air ratio is right on the burner tube and that you don't have it completely closed off. Also this unit has 3 gas coils valves rather then the standard 2. Has the main, secondary and booster coil. The chirping noise is a well known gas coil noise and the problem with coils they will work several times then not work they can be a pain with an intermitant problem. You can also get brand new coils and have them bad ohm test them. The chirping noise could also be a motor/tensioner/belt/roller or guide issue. Sounds like maybe you have a bad burner valve assembly cuz you replaced all the other parts. Have you changed your unit from Propane to natural at all? If your ignitor is turning on regularly then the main control and other things on that circuit seem to be working properly.