Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stelios369  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
Stelios369

Groups: Registered

This is my second Frigidaire Gallery Front load washer. My landlord replaced the first one which had similar issues. The washer fills with some water, but acts kinda' strange from there. It just tumbles a few times clockwise; then a few times counter-clockwise. That repeats over and over, but very slowly. The machine makes several clicking noises in-between rotations. When the timer reaches the rinse and spin cycles, the washer doesn't spin at all. Eventually the timer stops. My clothes are still soaking wet, and there's water in the washer that smells really funky.

The last time the washer worked correctly I washed a fuzzy blanket. When I dried the blanket the dryer was overwhelmed with fuzz and lint. Could the washer be clogged with fuzz somewhere??? Or, is it likely something else?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:38:47 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Groups: Registered

Check the door switch those go out on those quite often shouldn't be able to open the door after starting or in cycle unless you push pause, also does the water drain out at all or do you have water in the tub where you can see it? Fridgedaire's are infamous for clogging the drain pump filter i've seen (2) 1 dollar bills in the drain pump coin trap rendering a brand new unit useless until fixed. If the drain pump is not working properly it will not allow the clothes to go into a spin cycle and if it's clogged and does it doesn't completely get the water out your clothes. Fridgedaires are not consumer or tech friendly they are sharp cheap thin metal inside cutting yourself all the time. If you can removed the bottom panel from the front of the unit without having to remove the whole front off your golden and can access the drain pump and lid switch if not your dealing with a machine you don't want to mess with and just call an appliance tech because these units can be a pain disassembling the drain pump hose and getting it back on without it leaking again or trying to put back together for an amateur. Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply