Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Volpone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:49:46 PM(UTC)
Volpone

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool LTE5243DQ6, the washer does not agitate on the regular cycle.

When i set it for "Super Wash" on the regular cycle it will agitate, as well as when it goes through "Hard wash", but once it reaches to "regular wash" it is idle while i can still hear the timer continuing on. The spin, and rinse cycle work just fine.

In other words regular wash cycle does not work, I have to use super wash to get it to agitate.

I also just replaced the timer

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:03:55 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does it agitate in delicate cycle? What do you mean by "hard wash"? Are you trying to say that it won't work in low speed? If it works in low speed, the only thing that could cause it to agitate in one setting and not another is the timer. If it doesn't work in low speed, do you have a multimeter to do some tests?

Eric
Volpone  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:48:44 PM(UTC)
Volpone

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Does it agitate in delicate cycle? What do you mean by "hard wash"? Are you trying to say that it won't work in low speed? If it works in low speed, the only thing that could cause it to agitate in one setting and not another is the timer. If it doesn't work in low speed, do you have a multimeter to do some tests?

Eric

What I meant was, there is 3 different cycles/modes you can wash, as you probably know. Normal, Permanent Press, & Delicate.

On "Normal", the cycle goes from start to finish: Super Wash, Heavy, Regular, Rinse, Spin, Off.

It will agitate while its on Super Wash, & Heavy. But, once it reaches "Regular", it doesn't agitate, the timer keeps moving on and once it hits rinse, it finishes off the cycle as it should. Hope that makes sense.

And as per your instructions, no it does not agitate on delicate. It only agitates on Super Wash, and Heavy under the normal cycle/mode.

I just replaced the timer right before i posted the original message as I thought that was the problem.

EDIT: I do not have a multimeter, but will go buy one. I consider myself to be competent and usually have success on whatever i try to fix. I just cant seem to find a solution on my particular problem.

Any help you can give Eric (or anybody else) would be awesome!!! Thanks!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:38:38 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It's not working in low speed. Regular and delicate wash agitation is in low speed. You will need to remove the front panel to get to the motor. Check the orange wire at the motor connector. Unplug the connector and check for a burnt/corroded connection at the orange wire and check the orange wire for a break at or near the connector. With connector unplugged, check continuity at the motor between the violet wire and the white/black wire. Should read about 2.6 ohms. This confirms that the low speed winding is good. If everything looks good so far, remove the cover from the motor switch and check the low speed contacts for burning or corrosion.

To remove the front panel, take the two screws out of the transition panel (between washer and dryer), tilt it down and pull straight out. Remove the two screws behind the washer top and then pull the top forward to release the clips. Lift up a little and disconnect the lid switch on the right side and take the top completely off. Remove the two screws from inside the top of the front panel. Lift up on the front panel to release the catches at the bottom and remove.

Eric

UserPostedImage
Volpone  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:45:49 PM(UTC)
Volpone

Eric,

Thanks bro, you saved the day for me...had a pinched break on the orange wire.

I really appreciate the help, good karma coming your way..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply