Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisgski  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:07:51 PM(UTC)
chrisgski

Groups: Registered

Just self cleaned oven and now the oven will not stay lit. worked fine before that.
It runs for 5 seconds and then cuts off. The stove top,broiler and all digital contols work. The Ignitor ignites the gas and i get a nice blue flame, then it cuts off. The gas valve, ohm reading is 204 and 206. When on broil 10 volts and stays there. When on bake it goes to 9 volts, starts, then to zero volts and cuts off. Temp sensor increases with temp in oven.
The manual says need to wait 12 hours after self cleaning. It has been longer than that.

Anyway, i'm now thinking the controller is bad. Any suggestions?

chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chrisgski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:19:58 PM(UTC)
chrisgski

Still trouble shooting. I decided to try self clean again. And the oven burner is working in clean mode. So the wiring from the controller is good. The gas valve is operating and the ignitor works. So i think, that maybe the pervious cleaning cycle affected the programing on the controller and im hoping that running it again will self correct it. I did try cutting off the power , and that didnt reset anything. is there a reset programming button? we'll see...
chrisgski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:29:33 AM(UTC)
chrisgski

it works again. i let the clean cycle run last night. Then, this morning the END was displayed and clean light was still on. i opened asnd closed the door and the display cleared. then hit bake and all worked. no parts needed. just a glitch in the programming in the controller.

hope this helps others.

chris
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply