Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsquilanti  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 5:41:15 AM(UTC)
tsquilanti

Groups: Registered

I heard a loud banging noise on my washer and opened it up to find a plastic tube hanging from the back of the tub; the tube is banging against the both of the machine during the agitation and spin cycles. Not sure how to reattach or if it is broken. The back of the washer does not seem to be nearly as accessible as the front. Any advice as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated!
tsquilanti attached the following image(s):
tube.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 9:23:14 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That is the tub overflow tube. Maybe it has detached from the nipple on the outer tub and dropped down. It is usually secured with a tie-wrap to the nipple. You can try to reach up to the top of the tube and push it back onto the nipple but if the tie-wrap broke or is really loose, it will just come off again. You will need to remove the top panel to get to it.

Eric
tsquilanti  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 5:32:40 PM(UTC)
tsquilanti

thanks Eric!

I removed the top of the washer and then inadvertently pushed the nipple/flange into the tub hole. After i fished the flange out i reconnected it as shown in the picture. However, i am not sure where that other end of the flange is supposed to be. Do i just push it into the hole of the tub before putting the flange in place? Please let me know if i am not describing the problem clearly. much appreciated to any one who can help!
tsquilanti attached the following image(s):
tube nipple.jpg
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:38:05 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The two parts of the gasket should snap together. The tub hole is D shaped as is the flange on the gasket. You put the gasket in from inside the tub and twist it to lock in place. You will need to remove the tub cover for access.

Eric
tsquilanti  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:19:19 AM(UTC)
tsquilanti

great, all fixed, thanks for all your help!