Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AcuraNC  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:43:09 AM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Groups: Registered

So the last couple of days I noticed that my fridge was acting up because the fridge wasnt as cooled as it use to be, the freezer would hit 16-24 degrees while the other side was high 47 degrees. So I searched around and read it could be the motherboard so I called the appliance part store and they had it in stock. So I picked it up and after installing it and left to eat, I come back with puddles of water on my floor. Somehow the fan in the freezer is blowing much stronger but it was not getting colder at all but everything else melted. So now both side reads 50 something degrees. Any suggestion might be wrong because installing wasn't hard at all, could it be a bad motherboard. Any help or suggestions would be great thanks. The new motherboard I got was WR55X10942, I am reinstalling my old motherboard and seeing if it would do the same or back to its old habit.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:55:22 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

First of all you have got a wrong control board. The correct one is

Part number: WR49X10152

Secondary, the replacement of the control board does not automatically solves all the refrigerator problem.
What you probably should do is to put the old control board back and let it run for 2-3 days. Then check the temperature again, and if it's to high:
clean the condenser if it is clogged with lint and dust, check if the evaporator and condenser fan motors are running, remove the rear cover in the freezer and check if the evaporator coils are blocked with snow.
If the coils are packed with the snow, that indicates the defrost system failure.
Please, do the check up and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and http://www.appliancepartspros.c...-for-ge-psh23sgpabs.html

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:24:25 AM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

First of all you have got a wrong control board. The correct one is

Secondary, the replacement of the control board does not automatically solves all the refrigerator problem.
What you probably should do is to put the old control board back and let it run for 2-3 days. Then check the temperature again, and if it's to high:
clean the condenser if it is clogged with lint and dust, check if the evaporator and condenser fan motors are running, remove the rear cover in the freezer and check if the evaporator coils are blocked with snow.
If the coils are packed with the snow, that indicates the defrost system failure.
Please, do the check up and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Sealed System & Mother Board parts for GE PSH23SGPABS - AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon.

Thanks for the reply I will check first thing tomorrow, I called my guy and he is able to get me the correct board and just pay the difference. Since its 5 years or more already I might as well just put in the new board. As for the defrost system failure, I have changed that once not too long ago like maybe 6 months ago. Thats the heater thing correct that look like a tube, could it have went out again that fast? I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. I have put the board back on and now the temperature reads about freezer 25 fridge 52, its been almost a day since I reinstalled the old board. I will clean the condenser tomorrow, the condenser is like the coil looking part in the back correct. Looking at the diagram the number #730
AcuraNC  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:00:52 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Okay so I have cleaned the condenser pretty good and I have changed the motherboard since I already bought it. I will see within two days to see if the temperature goes back to normal. Here are some pictures while I was cleaning and replacing the board.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Theres that open tube that I do not know what it is but thats how it looks like after I took out the panel. It feels like some kind of liquid oil or something, can you tell me what that thing is and what does it do? thanks
AcuraNC  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:08:47 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

I wanted to ask after installing the new board theres an extra wire, where does that wire attach to? It's been about 2-4 hours and the freezer has melted after changing to the new motherboard, temperature stayed the same 20 freezer 50 other side. So I am waiting till tomorrow to see if it improves at all.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:04:04 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

It is not clear from your post which control board did you install, the old one you had or the new one part number: WR49X10152?
The tube, shown on the picture, is the condensation drain and should be where it is.
Does the label on the compressor say 240 Volts, 3 phase or 120 Volts 1 phase?

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:43:35 AM(UTC)
AcuraNC

That picture is my old board, I took it before changing it to the new motherboard. I installed the new board that you said would fit the WR49 one. After installing it everything runs but the freezer melted, it was not getting colder at all but instead was getting warm. There was an extra wire that came with the board, am I suppose to attach that somewhere? So I put my old board back in and the freezer started to ice up and so far temperature is 23 freezer and fridge 50. Could the new board be bad?
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:51:32 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Please, answer the last question.

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:57:50 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

i will look into it tonight and let you know tomorrow morning, I am still at work thanks Simon.
AcuraNC  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:43:55 AM(UTC)
AcuraNC

It says 230V-53 TO 150Hz on the compressor and that thing is sure hot, after a few days the fridge cooled to 37 like normal and freezer is at 11.

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Please, answer the last question.

Simon.