Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bgibbs  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:29:27 AM(UTC)
bgibbs

Groups: Registered

Just bought this compactor and day by day it gets harder to close. The first couple of inches, it seems to be moving on rollers and is very easy to move. After this it no longer seems to be on rollers and feels like metal on metal and it gets harder to push closed the farther you go. This is well before it makes contact with the spring that opens it when you press on the foot pedal. There was a small bottle of lube that came with the unit, but I can find nothing in the installation info about where to apply it. Only had it a week and I hate to take it apart this soon.

Thanks for the help,

Barry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scott5495  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 4:40:58 PM(UTC)
scott5495

if only a week old it is in warranty. call service tech. working on it yourself may void the warranty
bgibbs  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:09:54 AM(UTC)
bgibbs

Originally Posted by: bgibbs Go to Quoted Post
Just bought this compactor and day by day it gets harder to close. The first couple of inches, it seems to be moving on rollers and is very easy to move. After this it no longer seems to be on rollers and feels like metal on metal and it gets harder to push closed the farther you go. This is well before it makes contact with the spring that opens it when you press on the foot pedal. There was a small bottle of lube that came with the unit, but I can find nothing in the installation info about where to apply it. Only had it a week and I hate to take it apart this soon.

Thanks for the help,

Barry

Well, It's fixed. I took the drawer out of the compacter and the frame on the bottom was bent causing the drawer to slide on the frame and not the rollers. Using a hammer and a large crescent wrench, I straightened the frame and lubed the rollers. Works great! Much easier than a service call
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply