Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wendyjoe  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 8:57:36 AM(UTC)
wendyjoe

Groups: Registered

My Samsung refrigerator (freezer on bottom) leaks water down the back of the unit into the bottom of the fridge but mostly into the vegetable/fruit crisper drawers. There is no water line supplying the fridge. I can't find any help for this problem beyond "call a repairman!" Any help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chris dinkins  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 7:24:53 PM(UTC)
chris dinkins

I can answer that for you. Water collecting in the fruit/veggie/crisper drawers is usually due to a stopped up evap drain.
1. Remove drawers and shelves in refer area.
2. Remove any screws holding rear panel(evap cover) in place. (Be careful to check behind
light covers for hidden screws)
Remove Evap cover carefully as it is fitted tightly and secured with tape. (Also the cover
may be frozen in place. Sometimes you can defrost with blow dryer first then tug firmly)
3. Look at the bottom of the evap system. Notice a black line/coil running around outside of
evap coil. Thats the defrost coil. At the bottom of assembly there should be a drain hole.
(If you cant see it because of ice build up then chip away at ice until you can see hole.)
4. Make sure hole is clear by carefully scraping and chipping at ice with small flat head
Until you formed a dip deep enough to hold water.
5. Carefully begin thawing by using a beaker (or anything with a spout) filled with hot water
and pouring a little at a time on the hole. (You will need a towel or wet vac to remove
water as it will cool and no longer be effective)
6. After clearing ice blockage (indicated by being able to freely pour water down drain
without it backing up) ensure that defrost clip is centered directly in or over the hole.
This clip serves as a guide to dripping water and conducts heat from the defroster
preventing the ice from forming in or around the hole.
7. Finally remove panel on the lower back side of unit. There are a few rubber tubes about 1
inch in diameter. Just pull them out and check slots for algae build up. (You may even
want to do that first)
I hope you find this information helpful
wendyjoe  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:52:14 AM(UTC)
wendyjoe

I can't get past the cover. Thanks anyway.:mad:
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 6:02:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Perhaps the following will help
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=395

You will have to join the site to be able to download the manual.

If my link does not work the manual is "SAM0070 Samsung Refrigerator Service Manual" in the manual section under refrigerators.

it does not specifically list your model but is for the RB215 series of units so with a little luck yours will be the same or a close match.

If the evap drain in the fresh food section is OK thenI do not know where the water is coming from so you will have to try and narrow that down.
There is a possibility that it is condensation so I would start by checking your door seals.
Get a 2 inch wide piece of paper and insert it between the door seal and the frame and then pull it out to check the seal. Work your way around the doors.
Check the hinge side or the door. Sometimes the seal can grab and twist when it closes causing problems. A light coating of white lithium grease or vaseline should fix this.
Check that the unit is level side to side. also that is level front to back or leaning slighlty to the back.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wendyjoe  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 6:10:35 AM(UTC)
wendyjoe

Can I leave it unplugged for a bit and accomplish the same goal? It's dripping like crazy now that I've had it unplugged for a while.

I cracked the insulation trying to pull the cover back. There's something I can't see keeping the whole thing attached at the top.
wendyjoe  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 6:34:23 AM(UTC)
wendyjoe

Ahhhh success!!! Thanks so much for all your help!!!
#7 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 11:13:34 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The ice. Maker in my Samsung refrigerator is not working for about 3 weeks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply