Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dileas  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:12:31 AM(UTC)
dileas

Groups: Registered

Troubleshooting so far:

Bench tested motor, and solenoid - they are okay.

I next removed the door cover to check if the door kit was the issue.

When I removed the outer cover a small white piece of plastic fell out. At first it looked like a 1 1/2" long sharpened popsicle stick. However, once I fully remote the cover I could see some lose parts in the upper left corner where the ice dispenser arm switch is located. I believe I need to replace the whole plastic molded piece that everything sits into.

My problem is I don't know how to find the part that I'm talking about. I've posted pictures - the first two to try and show the part, and the third one to show the parts that either broke, or slipped out from the housing.

James
dileas attached the following image(s):
IMG_1919.JPG
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dileas  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:28:44 PM(UTC)
dileas

Groups: Registered

The 1 1/2" pieces were more like a toothpick - not a popsicle stick. They had broken off the bracket (Part # AP2988571). I manually actuated the switch and "voila" ice auger moving again. For now I've put a bit of duct tape around the switch, reassembled the door and it works - but I'm sure it won't hold - it's good enough until I get the part that I need.

Originally Posted by: dileas Go to Quoted Post
Troubleshooting so far:

Bench tested motor, and solenoid - they are okay.

I next removed the door cover to check if the door kit was the issue.

When I removed the outer cover a small white piece of plastic fell out. At first it looked like a 1 1/2" long sharpened popsicle stick. However, once I fully remote the cover I could see some lose parts in the upper left corner where the ice dispenser arm switch is located. I believe I need to replace the whole plastic molded piece that everything sits into.

My problem is I don't know how to find the part that I'm talking about. I've posted pictures - the first two to try and show the part, and the third one to show the parts that either broke, or slipped out from the housing.

James
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply