Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richy1  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:11:15 PM(UTC)
Richy1

Groups: Registered

I purchased this Kenmore model 110.21202010 washer about1-1/2 years ago. I just replaced the lidlock. The machine will not cycle througha load automatically anymore. Now I have to push the start button to pause eachcycle and restart it to get it to move forward and complete the cycle. I went through the entire 8 step diagnosticsand only found two errors. First, themachine fails the tachometer test. Whenspinning the basket manually in the tachometer verification mode, only thecomplete cycle light is on and nothing else lights up. All the lights are supposed to come onsequentially so the sensor must not be functioning. Is that right? What does the optical sensor do? How is the basket rpm measured? The only other potential problem I found isthat when I tested the main control output to the shifter assembly (J2connector pins 3 & 4), the output is only 11 VDC instead of 13 VDC. Thisshould not affect shifter functioning much should it? I am thinking of just replacing the actuator(part no. W10006355). Do you think thiswill take care of the tachometer problem? Or should I also replace the main control even though it checks outokay? Any other thoughts on thetachometer sensor? I assume it islocated in the actuator. Any otherrecommendations? Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.