Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jp65  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:17:05 AM(UTC)
jp65

Groups: Registered

I am hearing a consistent clicking sound coming from the lower back of my refrigerator. It sounds like a relay clicking every 5-15 seconds or so. The refrigerator and freezer sections seem to be holding temperature. I removed the back panel and found that the fan is cycling off and on with the clicking. My refrigerator model has an inverter box instead of a relay/overload attached to the compressor. Should I just replace the inverter box?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:40:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jp65 Go to Quoted Post
I am hearing a consistent clicking sound coming from the lower back of my refrigerator. It sounds like a relay clicking every 5-15 seconds or so. The refrigerator and freezer sections seem to be holding temperature. I removed the back panel and found that the fan is cycling off and on with the clicking. My refrigerator model has an inverter box instead of a relay/overload attached to the compressor. Should I just replace the inverter box?

JP, No, don't replace the inverter yet. Your refrigerator is cooling, and maintaining temperature. With the condenser fan cycling off and on and the clicking noise it's more likely a faulty relay on the electronic control board

Part number: AP3176836
Part number: AP3176836

(Wpl Will No Longer Supply. Contact Wpl At: 800-851-4605 or Mcgregor At: 937-833-6768 X 268 For Rebuild)

and check and clean the condenser and condenser fan motor and blade.
jp65  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:21:21 AM(UTC)
jp65

Groups: Registered

Joe,

Thanks for the response. So, my only option is a rebuild of my existing board? Nobody stocks the new part? Any idea of time and cost of the rebuild?

-Jeff
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:54:10 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jp65 Go to Quoted Post
Joe,

Thanks for the response. So, my only option is a rebuild of my existing board? Nobody stocks the new part? Any idea of time and cost of the rebuild?

-Jeff

Jeff, Sorry but no idea's as to time and cost. You'll need to contact the phone numbers attached to the previous post. There may not be a major delay at all, if they have a "remanufactured" boar in stock and ready to go.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply