Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luv2bake  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:03:26 AM(UTC)
luv2bake

Groups: Registered

Turned the oven on to 400, temp reached 100 & stalled. Tried the convect bake, and temp went up to 335, but very slowly. Also detected a mild gas smell. Turned off oven. What could be wrong? I would like to fix this myself & appreciate any help. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:43:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luv2bake Go to Quoted Post
Turned the oven on to 400, temp reached 100 & stalled. Tried the convect bake, and temp went up to 335, but very slowly. Also detected a mild gas smell. Turned off oven. What could be wrong? I would like to fix this myself & appreciate any help. :confused:

Luv2bake, best guess at this point is a weak oven bake burner igniter

Part number: AP4012072
Part number: AP4012072

(reference only)

Little or no rise, or a slow rise in temperature and "a mild gas smell" is a good indication.

Do you have an upper broil burner, and does it operate and heat properly ?

If you can get the model number off the model / serial plate we can properly advise you of possible parts needs and tests.
MsAud67  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 10:35:19 AM(UTC)
MsAud67

I am having a similar problem. I have a Frigidaire PLGS389ECB. Professional Series Gas Stove. I set it to preheat, and the display just says PRE, and never changes over or beeps saying it's ready to go. It doesn't get to proper temperature, figured this out after trying to bake something after preheating for 15 mins and figured it was just operator failure.

We have replaced the temperature sensor as well as the igniter. Repairman now says it could be the control panel.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 12:03:48 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: MsAud67 Go to Quoted Post
I am having a similar problem. I have a Frigidaire PLGS389ECB. Professional Series Gas Stove. I set it to preheat, and the display just says PRE, and never changes over or beeps saying it's ready to go. It doesn't get to proper temperature, figured this out after trying to bake something after preheating for 15 mins and figured it was just operator failure.

We have replaced the temperature sensor as well as the igniter. Repairman now says it could be the control panel.

Thoughts? Thanks.

MsAud, It could be that the igniter was damaged in the box

Part number: AP2129143
Part number: AP2129143

If you have a multi meter you could test for 85 to 95 ohms resistance across the wires on the igniter to verify the circuit.

When you unplug the igniter connector, you can program a bake cycle on the oven control, then check for 120 VAC across the igniter chassis wire harness connector pins, if you have the voltage, the control is operating. The issue would be in the safety valve

Part number: 316404900
Part number: 316404900

or a loose or broken wire between the igniter and valve or the valve to chassis neutral, not allowing the circuit to complete.

You need to be very careful when conducting "live" voltage tests on the stove, you don't want to shock yourself or short anything the chassis ground and damage components.
luv2bake  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:25:25 AM(UTC)
luv2bake

Just wanted to post that the part Joe showed me, was the problem. Ordered it, hubby replaced it very easily & thinks work fine! We also ordered the upper igniter at the same time, figuring that would be going next. No problems!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:12:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: luv2bake Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to post that the part Joe showed me, was the problem. Ordered it, hubby replaced it very easily & thinks work fine! We also ordered the upper igniter at the same time, figuring that would be going next. No problems!

Luv2bake, Great !!!! Glad to hear things went well, and you're up and baking. It should be a while before you need another igniter on either burner. Good Luck and Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply