Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DavidD05  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:28:18 AM(UTC)
DavidD05

Groups: Registered

Maytag MFI2569VEM French Door refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door. Water dispenser works fine, and I can hear the ice maker auger motor turning when I try to dispense ice, but the ice maker is not making ice. I checked the on/off switch, and the full tray indicator and both seem to be operating normally, so I am stumped as to why I have no ice.

any thoughts? water is definitely coming into the fridge, but it may not be getting to the ice maker....is there a way to check that?

thanks!!

David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DavidD05  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:44:44 PM(UTC)
DavidD05

anyone? This sight has been extremely helpful in the past, so I am hoping for some direction with this issue :)

Thanks!!

DD
Gene  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:51:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello David,

Make sure the ice maker fill tube (coming into the ice maker) is not blocked and/or frozen.

Locate the water inlet valve behind the cover on the back of the fresh food compartment. Swap the wires between the water valve solenoids. Close the doors and depress the water dispenser for a few seconds. Check for water inside the ice maker and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Maytag MFI2569VEM1 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
DavidD05  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:43:05 PM(UTC)
DavidD05

looking into the fridge, there appears to be an access panel running from just above the wide deli drawer to the top of the unit where the water filter is installed in the roof, on the right side as you look into the fridge. Is this the cover you are referring to?

I'll have to remove all the food items and shelves to access it, but if this is what you are talking about, I will do it in the morning and report back.

Thanks!!

DD
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:18:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, you are on the right track.

Gene.
DavidD05  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:44:18 AM(UTC)
DavidD05

after removing the panel, I found the 2 solenoids. The upper solenoid has a brownish - orange connector and appears to be for the ice maker, as the lower connector is yellow and with the upper connector taken off, the water dispenser in the door still works. The upper connector has 2 female connectors, and is larger than the lower connector, so I am unable to connect the lower connector (yellow for the water dispenser) to the upper solenoid, as the male pins on the solenoid are too big to fit into the female connector. The upper connector (brownish/orange) will connect to the lower solenoid with some manipulating of the assembly, and when I connected it and pushed the water dispenser (with doors closed), nothing happened. I saw no water in the ice maker ( I am assuming it would pool in the ice tray?), and I cannot hear any water running through the unit.

I see no easy way to remove the upper solenoid which seems to be thee issue, so any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

DD
DavidD05  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:03:24 AM(UTC)
DavidD05

photo of solenoid assembly attached
DavidD05 attached the following image(s):
20130522_104738_resized_1.jpg
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:37:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

David,

You can use a pieces of an insulated wires to connect these plugs. The solenoid comes as a part of the water inlet valve assembly and should be replaced as one piece.

- The water inlet valve assembly Part number: 67006322
Part number: 67006322

Gene.
DavidD05  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:56:19 AM(UTC)
DavidD05

using the insulated wires as suggested I was able to connect the lower solenoid connector to the upper solenoid, and water did in fact go to the ice maker, as I could hear the water flowing to the ice maker and it pooled in the bottom of the tray while the water dispenser was being pushed.

Does this tell us that the entire solenoid assembly needs to be replaced?

If so, once the new solenoid assembly arrives, how do the water lines come apart and attach to the new solenoid assembly?

Thanks again!

DD
Gene  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:30:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: DavidD05 Go to Quoted Post
...Does this tell us that the entire solenoid assembly needs to be replaced?...

No David, it does not because water did come into the ice maker as soon as you energized the solenoid. Sounds like the ice maker itself is the culprit.

- The ice maker Part number: W10190981
Part number: W10190981

Gene.