Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 6:22:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ghauptman Go to Quoted Post
Joe,
For me to get access to Jumper T to H, I had to remove the IM because the contol module of the IM is very tight up against the left wall of the Freezer. While removing the IM I realize the Filler Tube is rock hard..... Yep, frozen water in the Filler Tube. I thaw with a Hair Dryer, then re-install the IM. Within a few minutes, the IM request water and the water is delivered. A few minutes later, Ice ejected into the Ice Bucket.
The IM has now gone through several cycles, producing normal size ice.

My guess is the water inlet valve not shutting off completely is the culprit for the frozen filler tube. I will observe over the next couple of days and report back findings.

Are there any other areas I should check that would cause the frozen filler tube?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg, Yes, there are other possibilities. We're back to replacing the fill valve. Most frozen fill tubes are due to a "seeping" fill valve solenoid. Water drips around the diaphragm, fills the tube and the cold temperature causes the water to freeze and "block" the line. Also check the freezer air temperature, you're looking for an average temperature of 3 to 5 dgrs.F, this translates to a product temperature of 0 dgrs.F.
ghauptman  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 4:33:31 PM(UTC)
ghauptman

Groups: Registered

Just a follow-up....
1. Ice Maker status:
The Freezer temp is -3 degrees F. No issue there.
After thawing the IM Filler tube, I let the IM continue to run as normal, trying to see if the filler tube would freeze-up again.... IM has been running fine now for about 3 weeks without any issue.
2. Thru-the-Door-Water-Dispenser:
I ordered the back panel that holds the micro-switches in-place.
At first glance (with lots of wires and connections) it appeared it was going to be difficult/messy to replace. Actually, it was very easy. Replaced in less than 5 minutes.
Water-thru-the-door working fine now.

A Happy Wife is a Happy Life.....

Thanks for all of your help.

I still have the dual-inlet water valve that ordered first without a complete diagnosis. I'll probably just hold on to this value in case my IM Filler Tube really turns out to be a leaky inlet valve.
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:15:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ghauptman Go to Quoted Post
Just a follow-up....
1. Ice Maker status:
The Freezer temp is -3 degrees F. No issue there.
After thawing the IM Filler tube, I let the IM continue to run as normal, trying to see if the filler tube would freeze-up again.... IM has been running fine now for about 3 weeks without any issue.
2. Thru-the-Door-Water-Dispenser:
I ordered the back panel that holds the micro-switches in-place.
At first glance (with lots of wires and connections) it appeared it was going to be difficult/messy to replace. Actually, it was very easy. Replaced in less than 5 minutes.
Water-thru-the-door working fine now.

A Happy Wife is a Happy Life.....

Thanks for all of your help.

I still have the dual-inlet water valve that ordered first without a complete diagnosis. I'll probably just hold on to this value in case my IM Filler Tube really turns out to be a leaky inlet valve.

Greg, Great Job !! and Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything will be alright. Yes, You should hold on to the water valve, we're sure you'll need it in the near future.
Thanks Again,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply