Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<78910>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
schuakia  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:02:51 AM(UTC)
schuakia

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool side-by-side Model number GS6NBEXRB02. I recently experienced a loss of ice being made. The ice maker would fill with water and make ice but the ice would not get kicked out to the icebox. I replaced the ice maker completely about a week ago and seen it was making ice with no problem. However, now I am back to no ice. I have checked the troubleshooting code and see that the red light flashes twice. After reading some other posts here, it sounds like it could be the optics board. I am able to do detailed troubleshooting if necessary to determine the problem. Any suggestions before I order another part?
bob97447  
#82 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 11:07:44 AM(UTC)
bob97447

Gene,

Thank you for the videos.
I have a Whirlpool GD5PHAXMS10.
Infrared sensor led stays red when the flapper is shut.
When I close the door switch the red led goes out.
I used your video and tested the solenoid and water does go in the tray.
No water is still getting into the tray.

What controls the water level in the ice tray?
Ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.
vabeachskig  
#83 Posted : Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:51:27 PM(UTC)
vabeachskig

I have a side-by-side Whirlpool and the ice maker only works during the winter months. It stopped working last summer. Then one night last Fall it started working again. Then it just stopped last week once the weather got warmer. I haven't started the diagnostics from previously posts, but has anyone heard of this where it only makes ice when it is cold outside? It is cold enough in the freezer as everything is frozen still. Thanks!
jz369  
#84 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 5:59:31 AM(UTC)
jz369

I have a Whirlpool side by side, model GC5SHAXLQ02, and it recently stopped making ice. The water dispenser is still working normally. I can see that the ice maker does not fill with water. I swapped the wires on the solenoids, and when I press the water lever it puts water into the icemaker. Any advice?

Jeff
mpbclutch33  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:58:42 PM(UTC)
mpbclutch33

I have a Whirlpool WRF989SDAE, only about a year and half old but the ice maker is not making any ice at all. I tried removing the water line and there is good pressure there and no block. We put a new water filter in and still nothing. Left it unplugged for a while too and still nothing. The water dispenses fine, but its not making any ice. Please HELP!

Mike
Kathy Love  
#86 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 7:06:21 AM(UTC)
Kathy Love

I am having the same issue---SbS has stopped making ice. There is water to the system, because the water dispenser works. When I unblock the beam, the LED on the right glows red continuously.
Any ideas of what I should do? I'm here in rural France where it's not easy to get advice on this, so any help much appreciated!
kidmims  
#87 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:11:15 AM(UTC)
kidmims

I have a Whirlpool model # GS5SHAXNL00 and ran a diagnostic status. It'll blink twice and pause and repeat when door is opened. When I push back the flapper door, the red light stays on. My ice maker has stopped making ice all of a sudden. I don't hear it filling up in the ice maker at all but I am able to get water from the door dispenser. I checked the ice maker and nothing is in there to clog it up. What can I do to make it work again without having to call a technician to come and fix it? Please help! We would like to have ice again, especially living in Texas. Thanks!
Greg H.  
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:16:23 AM(UTC)
Greg H.

My Whirpool side by side model GEF26C5EXBOO is not making ice....the drinking water side works fine....I replaced the ice maker and it made 2 cycles of ice and has not made any since....any help would be greatful....Greg
Gene  
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:08:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The model number you posted does not come up. Please verify and repost it.
Greg H.  
#90 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 7:34:59 AM(UTC)
Greg H.

My bad....it&#8217;s GSF26C5EXB00
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply