Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ppipowerclass  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:32:57 PM(UTC)
ppipowerclass

Groups: Registered

Ok, so here's the deal.

I bought a (repaired) samsung 26cf fd fridge from work. I got it cheap, because it had been " repaired a couple times ". Repairs said that the cord had been replaced, due to a broken ground prong ( no big deal ),the 2nd repair said the diverter valve had been replaced.

I got it home, hooked it up, and found out after a day, that the fridge was NOT working. I have messed around working on fridges here and there ( due to delivering them for over 5 years now), so i thought I would take a look.

I removed the back panel, and noticed that the diverter valve ( or assembly motor step valve ) had NOT been replaced. The one that is in there, was covered in dust and spider webs ( though the repair ticket said it was replaced last month ).

Here are a few notes, and things i have ruled out

The temp on the door reads correctly. I have put thermometers in the fridge AND freezer to verify.

The condenser on the fridge is NOT cooling, and the fan is NOT working. It NOT iced up. It's just like the rear panel inside the fridge is getting no power at all, what so ever ( I took it off while it was plugged in.. not smart, but whatever) The lights inside the unit work. Both ice makers are working properly ( which is the only reason i can figure that the fridge is staying cool at all )

Now, the paper work said he replaced the motherboard in it.. But seeing as he didn't actually replace the valve, i am hesitant to think that he replaced either. I don't think that the temp sensor or thermostat ( if it has something like that ) is malfunctioning, because the temp reads correctly on the door. I am not sure how the diverter works EXACTLY ( i have read that it routes the freon to the needed section of the fridge as needed ).

Any help is appreciated, I would also be very interested in learning how / where to obtain a service manual for this unit if it's reasonably priced.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!!

quick edit:

the part number for the part in question is DA97-07070B.. Also, does the freon need to be drained / recharged to replace this part? thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.