Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cr00zng  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:58:08 AM(UTC)
Cr00zng

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Frigidaire Gallery (model# GSG3PZBCB), that started to have problems with the oven.

Starting up the oven by setting the bake temperature works and after a while the oven beeps to indicate that it is ready. There's a ten degree difference between the set and actual temperatures, 360 vs. 370, which is fine. The problem is that at times, once the baking goods placed in the oven, the temperature drops continuously. After about 20 minutes, the temperature observed with thermometer is at 200 degree, the burner does not come on, and the range makes a humming noise. Cranking up the temperature to 400 degree does initiate the preheat cycle and the temperature does rise even above 400 degree, pretty much ruining the baking goods, but the humming noise remains.

Other times the oven would not "cool off", instead it goes to 400+ degree, but exhibits no humming noise. That's not good for baking either; I meant the temperature and not the humming noise...

The "sweet spot" from temperature wise seems to be around 315 degree, where it seems to be working normally. The burner does come on and shuts off around that temperature range. It also seems to make a difference, if the oven is cold started vs. warm oven. The cold start has the first, while the warm start has the second symptom.

I don't have much experience with gas ranges, but do have some experience with other gas appliances, such as hot water heaters, furnace, etc. From the novice range troubleshooter's perspective, there might be some issue with the oven thermostat, the gas valve, or both. Could someone with more experience chime in help me with troubleshooting this oven?

TIA...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.