Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hankster  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:36:29 AM(UTC)
Hankster

Groups: Registered

I have a GSS25Jfmd ww. The trouble seems to have started when my ice door solenoid rusted and the flap stuck open a few nights. The inside of the freezer looks like there was a snow storm. I figured the defrost just could not keep up. I removed the back and blow dried the accumulated ice block. I also replaced the solenoid.

A week later I'm frosted up. I looked on the drawings but I can't seem to find where the timer is to trouble shoot this. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hank
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fyxer  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:23:22 AM(UTC)
fyxer

This refrigerator looks like an ordinary refrigerator but it is not, this refrigerator use an electronic control and sensors to operate instead of the older ones that use a defrost timer,you might need professional help for this repair.
Hankster  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
Hankster

I guess the only thing I can do is the resistance test on the heater?

Originally Posted by: fyxer Go to Quoted Post
This refrigerator looks like an ordinary refrigerator but it is not, this refrigerator use an electronic control and sensors to operate instead of the older ones that use a defrost timer,you might need professional help for this repair.
Hankster  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 8:03:20 AM(UTC)
Hankster

I put a multi meter on the heater It is digital

open reads 1.

Arcoss the heater it reads .20
richappy  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 3:22:14 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
While the freezer defrost thermostat is still cold, check it's continuity, if open, replace it.
If it's shorted and the defrost heater shows resistance, you will need to replace the motherboard in the back of the unit, Also, replace the freezer thermistor. Also, check the freezer evaporator motor bearings, if they seem bad/rough replace it also.
Hankster  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 1:24:06 PM(UTC)
Hankster

Thanks,

I only have time to take it apart on weekends. I assume that I will need to trace the leads back an unplug them to test.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
While the freezer defrost thermostat is still cold, check it's continuity, if open, replace it.
If it's shorted and the defrost heater shows resistance, you will need to replace the motherboard in the back of the unit, Also, replace the freezer thermistor. Also, check the freezer evaporator motor bearings, if they seem bad/rough replace it also.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply