Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fasttimes  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:33:08 AM(UTC)
fasttimes

Groups: Registered

Hey gang pulling my hair out with this combo washer /Dryer unit. Started with everything running just no heat so I changed the gas coils, it would run one cycle then just the ignitor would stay on. I had the panel off the front to watch the burner and a wire came off the timer and arc'd and tripped the breaker, after that the timer wouldn't move, so I ordered another timer, installed it and it doesn't move arrggg. The dryer still turns but now no igniter, i checked the ignitor for continuity and it has a value, the flame sensor shows 0 which is right I think, i can't find a thermal fuse or limit or Thermostat anywhere and i don't have the schematics, any body send me in the right direction, thanks gang
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fasttimes  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:19:07 AM(UTC)
fasttimes

Groups: Registered

Found the thermostat control switch, it shows zero with my meter set on ohms, which means it's good (?). I'm not getting power to the ignitor? Maybe there's another thermal fuse /cut out i haven't found yet. Keep you all posted.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:43:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Which cycle did you use? Have you tried timed dry? Which temperature have you choose?

If there is no power to igniter, check for continuity between the terminals A & B on the timer while it is set for timed dry. The wires from these terminals should be removed prior to the test.

If there is continuity, check the temperature selector switch. There are five terminals 1 through 5. Draw a picture of the wires connected to the switch and remove them. The normal readings are: 1. Low heat - 1-2 and 4-5 should read continuity, 3-4 should be open; 2. Medium heat - 1-2 and 3-4 should read continuity, 4-5 should be open; 3. High heat - 1-2 should read continuity, 3-4 and 4-5 should be open.

Measure the resistance between the terminals 3 and 5 on the temperature selector switch and post the result.

What is the part number of the timer you installed?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply