Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rruzzo  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 1:44:40 PM(UTC)
rruzzo

Groups: Registered

Greetings Everyone,

I have a GE top loading washer which has a peculiar problem, and I cannot be sure at the moment if it is the Timer circuit or the motor. (though I am welcome to other suggestions) The machine fills, agitates, drains, and performs the final spin with no problem at all. However, at the end of the wash cycle, before the Rinse cycle, it is supposed to turn on the pump, and then do a small spin. At least, that it what it seems to indicate on the timing diagram. This spin is not performed, rather you hear the pump going, and a humming noise. On the timing diagram this step is referred to as F. Soft Spin. (I have no clue what that is supposed to stand for, and it is not explicitly delineated in the literature which came with the machine.)As noted before, the final Spin which is differentiated from the F. Soft Spin on the timing diagram, works fine. The outstanding difference on the diagram is that, while they both have the Spin Phase active, the F. Soft Spin is also active on the spin cycle of the same name. On the Timer, this is labeled R3, which on the drawing which came with the machine, is not present. On the diagram I see a start circuit for the spin/agitate motor. I also see a high circuit (for when the motor is started?) The capacitor in the circuit appears to be functioning as per my multimeter. I was wondering if there was a way to determine if it was the timer switch, or if it was related to the motor. (the motor gets hot so it makes me believe it could be the starting circuit/cap) Again, it spins fine during the final spin cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.