Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dmccollo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:32:50 PM(UTC)
dmccollo

Groups: Registered

I replaced the infinite switch for the dual burner but the burner still does not heat. The new switch wired differently that the old one so I'm not sure whether the old one was bad or I've wired the new one incorrectly or whether the burner is bad. I'd like to confirm the old one is faulty. How do I test it for continuity? The numbers on the back of the switch are from 1 to 6 and there is an 'N' between 4 and 5. I'm guessing these are terminal numbers. One terminal on the bottom of the switch is not numbered or lettered.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:30:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

The installation instructions for the new switch which should come with the new switch is pretty straight and if you connected the new switch as instructed then the problem is a bad heating element. I attached the instructions in case if you have not received it and you can verify all connections.

If you still would like to test the old switch for continuity, do the following:

When the switch is in Off position, the reading across any pair of the terminals should be ∞ ohms.

When the switch is On to use the inner element it should be continuity between the terminals 2 & 5, 2 & 3 and 2 & N.

When the switch is On to use both elements it should be continuity between the terminals 2 & 5, 2 & 3, 2 & 4 and 2 & N.

I also attached the wiring sheet for the cooktop.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Wiring Sheet - 3192911 - KECD865HBL2.pdf (160kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply