Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thejipster  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:05:11 PM(UTC)
thejipster

Groups: Registered

I recently did a kitchen remodel. During the two weeks of construction the fridge was moved to a different location and had to be detached from the water supply that fed the ice maker. I think I left the ice makers arm in the down (on) position. When the model was complete. I moved the fridge back and re-hooked up the water supply. A day later I noticed two problems.

1. Ice is being made
I checked the water supply and it does have water going into the inlet of the fridge.

2. I noticed that the freezer door is dripping water.

I had checked the drain hole and it appears to not be clogged. I had pour some hot water down it and listen for the water hit the drain pan below.

What should I check next?

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 8:19:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

There is no water line inside the freezer door because there is no in-door water dispenser in this refrigerator. What is the temperature inside the freezer? How often the freezer door been opened?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE TPS24BICEBS Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
shawn4455369  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:00:45 AM(UTC)
shawn4455369

Groups: Registered

Sounds like the auto defrost is not working. The line is iced up. It is dripping as the ice in the water line melts near the door.
Unplug unit and check for dirt, debris, nests (usually mice) inside panel at the lower back of unit. Be careful of charged capacitors! Use a shop vac. and remove all debris, and dust from fins (be gentle). If there is debris it will affect air circulation and trick the defrost temp sensor or it could be a broken connection or bad sensor. Storing food by the cold air vents at the top shelf in the freezer will block cold air, rerouting it causing these problems. Run a couple of gallons of water through water dispenser before drinking it once it works. Also check water filter. It is usually behind the front floor vent under the doors.
Good luck.

REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply