Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jaynoll80  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:18:03 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

Groups: Registered

I have a GE dishwasher PDW8200J01CC. we are finding littlepieces of black specks stuck to everything and it’s harder than heck to getoff; can it be the rubber gasket on the door. It seems to be torn in a fewspots. Also all of a sudden the dishes don’t seem to be getting cleaned. The sprayarms are not broke or plugged and it drains just fine. After the wash is done, thereis a whitish film on everything. If the heater is broke, would it do this? The heatdry does come on just fine. Also I noticed the water level is right below theheater element, is this where the level should be?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:26:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

Looks like there are at least two separate problems with your dishwasher. The first problem is a broken temperature/sound insulation in the door. The second problem is hard water (calcium) build-up inside the dishwasher what caused white film on dishes.

In order to fix the first problem you have to replace the whole inner door panel. The insulation is not sold separate.

In order to get rid of calcium build-up the dishwasher needs cleaning with a special cleaners. One of them is Dishwasher Magic.

- The inner door panel Part number: WD31X10042
Part number: WD31X10042

- The Dishwasher Magic Part number: AP4308827
jaynoll80  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:31:37 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

what is the temperature/sound insulation in the door and what does it effect?
The white film is un rinsed soap, it comes right off the dishes just cleaning them by hand and the tub looks new if you just wipe it off. Our water does not come from wells and we never had this problem for the last 8 years. The black specks I think is the gasket breaking apart. I have ordered a new one. it leaks about a glass under the door. Will this make the water level to low in the wash cycle??? Thank you for replying
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 12:18:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

If you will remove the inner door panel, you should see the insulation adhered to the inner door panel. I thought those black specks are pieces of this insulation.

What is the water level inside the dishwasher during the wash cycle?

Gene.
jaynoll80  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:35:02 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

Water level is right below the heater element
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:42:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Looks like there is not enough water in the dishwasher. The normal water level should be to the center of the float dome. very likely the screen in the water valve is clogged. The best solution is to replace the water valve.

- The water valve Part number: WD15X10004
Part number: WD15X10004

Gene.
jaynoll80  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:50:02 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

I took apart the water valve; Part number: WD15X10004 and thescreen was not that bad, I ran the valve open without water or hose connected and I could barely blowthrough it. I put everything back together and ran the washer till it filled upand the level is right to the bottom of the float but it is not rising thefloat up at all. Does the float stop the water when it’s full because if itdoes, mine has no water floating it. Is the water valve on a timer and shutsoff automatically?

Thank You
jaynoll80  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:22:03 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

I did a wash test. I started a wash and I added water to thewash each time it drained and started to fill again in the wash cycle starting with the first fill. I filledthe tank up to the float; about ½ inch up on the float, it took about 5 quarts. If it’s any higher it would come out thedoor if you opened it. If the water valve is bad, why does it stop filling beforethe float does tells it that the tank is full? I opened the door and triggeredthe door lock to watch the water fill up. It comes out the side hole but not ano great amount but I thought the float is what tells it to stop. This test came out good, no soap or white film was left, dishes were clean. Thank You, Jay
jaynoll80  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:06:45 PM(UTC)
jaynoll80

Just one more thing. I had the door open and the locktrigger engaged and I started the wash, as the water was coming in I took thefloat cap off and grabbed the float pin and pulled up on it, it did not stopthe water, I thought that the float was to shut the water off. Thank you for replying, Jay
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:44:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Jay,

The dishwasher fills with water by the time which controls by the control board. The float is a safety device to prevent overfilling. If it did not stop the water then the float switch (under the float) has to be replaced.

The water valve definitely has to be replaced.

- The float switch assembly Part number: WD12X10151
Part number: WD12X10151

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply