Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thedennyman  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:12:24 PM(UTC)
thedennyman

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Hey, I have been messing with this washer recently after my mom called me to tell me it quit working. After some diagnosis I decided the motor was bad. It would shake badly even out of the machine. I bought a new motor and installed it, but something was still not right. [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']When set to run the washer would fill fine, but at the start of agitation it would run kind of slow and make a kind of knocking noise along with the agitation. However, when in rinse mode it would agitate quickly and without any knocking. This made me think it might be the timer, so I disassembled the timer and sure enough a few of the metal "fingers" were melted with pieces of plastic burnt around them.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']So I bought a new timer and installed it and everything seemed to start and run fine. Then about 3/4 way through the cycle it started agitating slower and making the knocking noise again! I would reset it to the beginning of the cycle and it would go away, only to start back up sometime after. Still rinses, spins, and drains perfectly fine.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I would think it could be the transmission, but it will agitate fine at the beginning of the cycle and during the rinse, so the transmission can't really be the culprit. I don't really know what else could be the problem (although I will admit that washers are not my forte).[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This washer is about to drive me up the wall[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.