Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cwrkr  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 6:59:18 AM(UTC)
Cwrkr

Groups: Registered

The washer is extremely noisy unless gentle cycle is used. I have replaced the coupling and the agitator since they were both worn (9 years old). I looked at the new coupling and it is in covered with oil and the shaft has slight side to side movement. I removed the tub assembly. Underside is completely dry and no signs of oil. The only thing i found is material shavings from the belt which might explain the noise (?). Question, where is the oil coming from? Could the worn belt cause a vibration and noise? Thank you for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 10:29:24 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The transmission agitator upper bearing and seal are probably shot. The agitator shaft comes up through the spin tube. There are upper and lower bearings in the spin tube for the agitator shaft and a seal above the upper bearing. Oil is being forced up from the gearcase through the bad bearings and seal and coming out under the agitator coupling and the noise is likely from the bad bearings. There shouldn't be any side to side play on the agitator shaft. I don't know of any replacement parts for this transmission.

Eric
Cwrkr  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:10:25 AM(UTC)
Cwrkr

Groups: Registered

Thank you for our response! I found the belt to be worn. Replacing it solved the noise issue. As for the oil, I cleaned inside the drum and did 6 loads. No oil was present. Hmmm. I will how long that lasts.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:53:55 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Good that you were able to fix the noise problem but I wonder about that transmission. I have a 12 year old transmission here in the shop that has a bad lower bearing (not the ones in the spin tube) but the agitator shaft has absolutely no side to side play in it. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply