Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daespe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:47:56 PM(UTC)
daespe

Groups: Registered

I need to remove the swithces for the door light on my GE Monogram 48" side by side built in refrigerator to replace them. It looks like they should slide to the right to unplug them and then pull down to remove them. I can get them to slide right but am not able to pull them down and out. Is there some trick I am missing to get them out?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:04:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the grill panel (#500 on the #2 break down diagram).

Remove the vent guard (#8653 on the #2 break down diagram).

To access the door switches remove the wire guard (#8630 on the #2 break down diagram).

The light switch has a latch on one of the side which has to be pushed in to release the switch.

The light switch

UserPostedImage

- The part number for the light switch is AP3193221

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE Monogram refrigerator Model ZISB48DYA

Gene.
daespe  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 4:40:34 AM(UTC)
daespe

:) Got the light switch out and replaced. Thanks. There are two switches that look the same. I changed the one on the right which operates the lights in the refrigerator. I don't see anything happen when I operate the one on the left. What is it's function? I am also wondering if it is another light switch that should be turning on other lights or a cradle sitch listed on the parts list whic would do what?:confused:
JAMES SELF  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 3:04:18 PM(UTC)
JAMES SELF

Originally Posted by: daespe Go to Quoted Post
I need to remove the swithces for the door light on my GE Monogram 48" side by side built in refrigerator to replace them. It looks like they should slide to the right to unplug them and then pull down to remove them. I can get them to slide right but am not able to pull them down and out. Is there some trick I am missing to get them out?

I have a Kenmore-22 refrigerator which is 5-10 yrs old. What's involved in removing the door light switch?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 1:06:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi James,

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the fridge.

Gene.