Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
springerider  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:30:22 PM(UTC)
springerider

Groups: Registered

What started as a quest to rid the stench under my sink has turned out to be quite a challenge! I thought the smell originated in under the sink, so I disassembled the pipes and cleaned out 12 years of stinky sludge. That helped some, but was not a fix.

I removed the dishwasher drain hose thinking that may have been blocked but could not see any (really couldn't see much of it). After reading a similar thread here, I ordered and replaced the piston and nut assembly and the large tub screen/gasket since it was absolutely disgusted even after cleaning. When I removed the old gasket, that was when I noticed the standing water in the bottom. Not a lot but still not draining all the way. I cleaned everything to include the crud down in the sump. I can feel the impeller spin freely. I hoped cleaning would solve the problem, but no luck. I can still feel water in the bottom when I touch the screen.

Not sure if I should disconnect the drain hose and attempt to see if it drains (or how to do that). Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 5:30:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Is there some water on the dishwasher floor or just inside the sump?

If it's just inside the sump then it's normal. No one dishwasher drains all water out because water is used as a lubricant for the pump.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE GSD5150F00CC Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
springerider  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:08:50 AM(UTC)
springerider

There is a small about of water on the floor.
Also, when I replaced the screen I snapped off both of the plastic tabs that the nuts secure to in the front. I tried to be careful but they were very brittle. Would would you suggest using to secure the front of that deal. Maybe a brad of silicone?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:59:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: springerider Go to Quoted Post
...Would would you suggest using to secure the front of that deal. Maybe a brad of silicone?...

It is possible.

Where and how the drain hose goes from the dishwasher?

Gene.
springerider  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:32:45 PM(UTC)
springerider

The drain hose runs from a drain pipe under the sink thru a hole in the cabinet to the dishwasher. I can see about two feet of it. Should I remove from the pipe and check the drain flow?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:59:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

...Should I remove from the pipe and check the drain flow?...

Yes. It would not hurt to do it.

Also, the drain line must be done in accordance with the Installation instructions. It must have an air gap on top of the sink or, at least the hose must have at least 32" high loop.

Gene.
springerider  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:02:59 PM(UTC)
springerider

Sorry for the delay. There is more than 32" above the floor for the high loop, the manual was a great help. Still haven't completely solved this, I have two ideas.

1. The waste tee is mounted horizontally, not sure if that is contributing to the problem. I have a pic, but not sure how to attach it.
2. Beginning to think the inlet valve may not be functioning properly. Maybe not closing all the way?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:44:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

...1. The waste tee is mounted horizontally, not sure if that is contributing to the problem. I have a pic, but not sure how to attach it...

...2. Beginning to think the inlet valve may not be functioning properly. Maybe not closing all the way?...

1. Click on "go advanced" button and scroll down to "manage attachments" button.

2. Make sure the dishwasher is empty. Then check the water level inside after an hour or two.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply