Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shoreevee  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:34:26 AM(UTC)
Shoreevee

Groups: Registered

Hi!
I'm having a frustrating issue with my not quite 2 year old Duet front loader. This is the first time it has happened. Today, I heard a series of repetitive beeps, not the end of cycle sound. When I checked, the door lock button was on and I didn't notice anything else. I waited a few minutes, the door stayed locked. I tried re-starting the machine and stopping the machine during the add-a-garment portion. I found that the clothes had not spun out at all. So, I tried the drain and spin. It made some pretty weird noises, but I'm not sure if it's normal or not since I never use this cycle. End of drain and spin - door locked, won't unlock. Finally, I did the start, add-a-garment thing once more, removed the still sopping wet clothes and shut it off. Now, the machine has the door lock button ON. The wash button will flash 9 times, then off. then on, flash 2 times, then off. I gather that this is an error code, but what, if anything can I do? My husband is an HVAC tech, so fairly handy. I really don't want to buy a new washer again. Thanks for reading!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:36:05 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Under the top panel should be a set of tech notes that will tell you how to interpret error codes and how to do some testing.

Focus on the main control unit and the door lock assembly, which is the weak link on these models.
Shoreevee  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:07:40 AM(UTC)
Shoreevee

Thanks for your response!
This is going to sound crazy, but I'm having trouble getting ANY of the panels off. I tried to get the bottom front off, loosened 3 screws - nothing.

Same with the top. Am I missing something:( very basic here? I'm starting to feel really stupid, but I don't want to damage anything, either.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:23:48 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If you take out the screws that hold the top on and the bottom panel on they both should come off. The top panel will pull out and the bottom panel should swing out.

Use gentle force (yeah I know that doesn't make sense)
Shoreevee  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 7:56:26 AM(UTC)
Shoreevee

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If you take out the screws that hold the top on and the bottom panel on they both should come off. The top panel will pull out and the bottom panel should swing out.

Use gentle force (yeah I know that doesn't make sense)

Thanks, Sid!

We did just as you said. Once everything was off, we found everything, and determined that the issue was debris clogging the filter area. We removed over $2.50 in change, and a sleeve that had gone missing from one of my son's T shirts.
It is up and running and this Mom of 5 is sooooooo HAPPY!
THANK YOU!!
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:25:36 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad that was an easy fix.

Thanks for the update too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply