Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maggy540  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:55:49 AM(UTC)
Maggy540

Groups: Registered

Hello Experts, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday.

This is the second new whirlpool dishwasher in two weeks. The first dishwasher did not drain from the very first use. We checked to see if there was a kink in the line...We checked to see if there was any clogged drains(the old dishwasher drained with no problems) everything seemed to be fine. So we called the dealer and had them come pick up the dishwasher and deliver a new one. The new dishwasher has the same problem. It does not drain...so we thought the problem must be on our end...so again we checked to make sure that the hoses were not kinked...checked all the drains are clear and still the dishwasher is full of water at the end of the cycle...when I press the Cancel/Drain button the sound of the motor is heard but there is no sound of pumping out.. Did I just get another lemon? I would truly appreciate any help on this issue.

Mag
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:38:54 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Silly question: Did you also get a new garbage disposer?

Do this: Disconnect the drain hose from the disposer and hold it into a sufficiently deep pan; run the cancel/drain and see if water drains into the pan. If it does, look for a restriction in the disposer.

It isn't unheard of to receive two machines with the same problem, one right after the other, but it is very unlikely.
Maggy540  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:28:19 AM(UTC)
Maggy540

No, we don't have a garbage disposal. Our dishwasher has it own drain it is not connected to the sink drain.
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:41:27 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Check for a restriction or obstruction at wherever the dishwasher drain hose is connected.
Maggy540  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:56:51 AM(UTC)
Maggy540

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Check for a restriction or obstruction at wherever the dishwasher drain hose is connected.

All hoses and drain pipes have been checked for any blockages. The dishwasher I had before this one worked and drained fine. The only reason why it was replaced was, we had a major power surge here and lost every appliance, TV, Computer, light bulb and what ever else was plugged in. 240 volts came through my home.
zophini  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:35:15 AM(UTC)
zophini

Just curious did the issue get resolved? If so what was the cause?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply