Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vgstein  
#21 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 3:24:13 PM(UTC)
vgstein

Groups: Registered

Thermal fuse is good.

Bought new circuit board as one circuit was fried, have not installed yet. Thanks for the help.
Gene  
#22 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 3:26:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
gls674  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:13:25 AM(UTC)
gls674

does the motor make a buzzing sound for a short second before starting? if it does the motor's shot, try derailing the belt see if motor runs...
vgstein  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:21:55 AM(UTC)
vgstein

Checked the thermal fuse - reads good. So does flame sensor and high limit thermostat. Could not get any reading on thermister so I'm thinking of changing it just to be sure ($27). Installed new circuit board, dryer still runs w/out heat (and no glow on igniter). Has been fun looking into it anyway, took the drum out and cleaned things up. Almost ready to call the service / buy a new one.
vgstein  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:23:39 AM(UTC)
vgstein

No, all sounds "normal" except a) no clicking of gas sequence starting and b) after I test it and open / shut the door the timer (dryer now off) does not keep counting down.

3 hours and 1 trip tp appliance store later: The excellent staff at Fox Appliances (Atlanta) recommended swapping the relays, heat for motor, since they are the same. BINGO! The gas mechanism works!!

I still have questions. Why, if I put the "bad" heater relay into the motor place does the motor still work? Do I need to replace it? Also, I notice now that the automatic timer is not working- Dryer is drying, you open the door to stop it and close the door, the dryer stays off and the dial whcih used to wind down to "off" now sits there. Is that a problem?
Gene  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:04:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vgstein Go to Quoted Post
...you open the door to stop it and close the door, the dryer stays off and the dial whcih used to wind down to "off" now sits there...

Did you push the Start button after you closed the door?

Gene.
gls674  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:11:35 PM(UTC)
gls674

dryer counts down on timed dry? if it does replace cycle thermo, sounds like you put the hi limit where cycle is?
vgstein  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:34:51 PM(UTC)
vgstein

No, but that's my point: without re-starting the dryer the timer used to "wind down" and "finish" the cycle. No longer does this but I don't know if that's something I need to be concerned about or if it's just going to be a quirk.
vgstein  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:37:41 PM(UTC)
vgstein

replcae cycle thermo - where is that located? I don't think I replaced it incorrectly, was only looking at one at a time and put them bcak where they belong.
dragonboy  
#30 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 3:02:10 PM(UTC)
dragonboy

I have a Whirlpool dryer model: lec5000pq0 and the dryer continues to tumble, but does not stop and there's no heat. I've checked the thermal fuse, thermal cut-off and high-limit fuses with an ohm meter and all three read .05. I'm finding contradicting info online. Are these good and what are the next steps? Please help. Thanks!.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply