Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnmay  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:33:32 AM(UTC)
johnmay

Groups: Registered

Symptoms: Dishwasher displays a long cycle time (160 min instead of 120) and water doesn't get very hot (though there is some heating).

What I've tried
[LIST=1]
  • Removed the control board and inspected the the solder joints. Everything looked fine.
  • Our cat found a rat under the dishwasher a day or so before this problem started. The rat was removed, and I pulled out the dishwasher and looked for signs of damage. Other than a little rat pee that I cleaned up, I didn't see any problems, though it's hard to get a good look underneath.
  • I reinstalled control module and tested the A/C voltage on the two wires coming from the largest connector coming off it. One showed about 120v compared to the chassis, the other showed a fraction of a volt when tested at different times in the first 20 minutes or so of the cycle. Based on other internet posts, I thought this indicated a bad relay, so the water heating element wasn't getting turned on.
  • Ordered a new control module and installed it. When I plugged the d/w back in, the display said "E2", two lights flashed on the display, and water cycled through the system for a few minutes. I turned the d/w off and then started a new cycle. The display read a normal 120 minutes, but the water still didn't get very hot. It seemed cool 20 minutes into the cycle, and after the end of the cycle the dishes were warm but not hot. I've only run it this one time since installing the new module, so I don't know if the cycle time will now go back up to 160 minutes.[/LIST]I'm about to give up and call a pro, but I thought I'd check here first to see if there's anything else I can try.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
  • Sponsor
    See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.