Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixit4me2  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 6:53:42 PM(UTC)
fixit4me2

Groups: Registered

The door handle of my GE Spacemaker microwave is broken at the bottom. I was able to remove the flexible inner door panel with the help of your video clip, but after removing a top screw and bottom screw of the handle, the inner frame that is directly under the flexible frame seems to be covering more screws (?) or some other connection mechanism. What else do I need to do to remove the old handle in order to install the new one? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jcw9788  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:31:56 PM(UTC)
jcw9788

Groups: Registered

Did you ever get an answer to how to get to those screws behind the inner door? I realize it has been a year since your post. But my GE model is very close to yours. And I am hoping you can help.

I can get the choke cover off. But I still cannot get to the two screws behind the inner door; one at the top and the other at the bottom of the handle. the doore, approximately midway along the top, appears to have a metal clamp keeping it in place while the bottom seems to come out from under several plastic clips. I have searched and searched and cannot find any similar discriptions with solutions. The blow up diagrams that I have seen are not detailed enough and this model's door looks a little different than the pictures and videos I have seen on the internet. Any help is great appreciated!
John:confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply