Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amain  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 12:35:22 PM(UTC)
amain

Groups: Registered

Ice maker just recently quit filling with water and therefore no more ice. Water dispenser works fine.

Switched wires on Water inlet valve and still no water to ice maker. Thought this indicated a bad solenoid for the ice maker waterline and replaced water inlet valve. No change.

There are two door switches in the upper left of the freezer compartment. Lower switch will turn off lights and "door open" indicator on front of dispenser. Upper switch seems to do nothing.

Fill tube has a heater on it so I dismissed the possibility of a frozen tube. Tube would be VERY difficult to access.

I see there is a photo eye in the ice bin to stop ice maker when bin gets full, but when I put an infrared detector in front of it, it does not glow.

I found the "Modular Ice Maker & Ice Level Detector Service Sheet" folded up in the front kick plate and I performed the Optics Diagnostic Procedure. The Status LED is on solid, indicating that the optics are working correctly.

Should I try all the Ohmmeter and Voltage checks, or should I move on to something else?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.