Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rjr19146  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 6:15:45 AM(UTC)
Rjr19146

Groups: Registered

We have this model and we noticed awhile ago that the machine would not always spin when there was a heavy load of towels.

This is happening more and more where the washer will not spin or agitate on some occassions but will complete a fulkl cycle on other occasions.

What would cause it to work sometimes but not others.

I had the front off and the belt is intact. When the machine is not agitating or spinning the the motor moves a little but stops.

the blinking light seems to blink steadily without a pattern, or possible it speeds up for a few blinks then resumes steady blinking (hard to tell)

After a few tests the machine will work again and be good for a few loads and then not spin. it has started not spinning with smaller loads as well.

Any help is appreciated. i would rather fix this then buy a new one unless the cost of repair is within $100.00 or so of a new machine

Thanks

Russ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 8:10:59 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Assume the last part of model number is G0WW, not 60WW? You need to check closely for flashing inverter error code. With washer in standby, it should flash on 1 second, off 1 second continuously. While operating, on 1/2 second, off 1/2 second continuously. If there is an error, it will flash at a rate of 1/4 second on/off during a 6 second window for specific code, then off for remainder of 6 second period. The number of times it was on during the 6 seconds is the error code.

Eric
Rjr19146  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:17:17 PM(UTC)
Rjr19146

I had the model # incorrect it is WHDRR418G0WW

I took the front panel off and ran a regular cycle.

The machine filled up. Then the motor engaged and it went slowly back and forth a few times, then nothing for a while. The machine then drained and then did nothing for awhile. Then it filled and did nothing except make a ticking noise.

The machine then drained but did not spin.

The green light on the circuit board blinks steadily the wile time (on 1/2 second off 1/2 second)

Does that mean anything?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:50:48 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Sounds like a bad lid switch. After the tub fills, the inverter runs a mode shifter agitate program where it makes the motor turn back and forth a few times to make sure the mode shifter cam has released. After that, it should go into regular agitate mode but it won't do that if the lid switch is open nor will it spin. It could be working intermittently which could cause it to work sometimes and sometimes not. The lid switch is hardwired so you will have to remove the top cover to gain access to the lid switch wires. You can then snip the wires (unplug washer), strip the wires and wirenut them together temporarily to see if it will work. If it works, just get a new switch and install it.

To get the top cover off, remove front panel first, remove the lid switch by reaching under and push in on the holding clips and pop it up and then shove it back down thru the hole. Remove the two screws holding the top cover to the cabinet. Pull the top cover towards you and slide to the left to release it from the control panel. There may be a wire holding clip (lid switch wires) underneath that you have to remove before completely removing the top cover.

Eric
Rjr19146  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:04:23 PM(UTC)
Rjr19146

Would it still drain if the lid switch was bad?
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 5:52:07 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, drain is by electric pump via timer, lid switch is not in that circuit.

Eric
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:54:28 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

The fuse is in the neutral wire feed to the motor/inverter. If it was blown, the motor would not operate at all, the error code led would not flash.

Eric
Rjr19146  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:00:47 AM(UTC)
Rjr19146

Thanks! i will try to bypass the lid switch tonight.

I appreciate the help.
Rjr19146  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:31:59 PM(UTC)
Rjr19146

I sniped the wires to the lid switch and banded them together with a wire nut. Unfortunately still no agitating or spinning.

The green light continues to blink steadily.

Any other options?
fairbank56  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:04:25 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

You did tie the wires together that are going into the wiring harness and not the wires from the lid switch, right ;) I know, dumb question, just gotta be sure.

If true, the next step is to take some voltage measurments on the inverter plugs. Do you have a multimeter?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply