Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
txpony  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:54:45 PM(UTC)
txpony

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana Frontload washer model number NFW7200TW, it seems to be stuck at the spin/drain cycle. There is no more water left in the drum and the pump cycles off and on but never gets past that. I removed all the drain hoses and verified there is no obstruction and I even removed the drain pump and disassembled it for a good cleaning and to check for debrie. After reassembling and installing the pump, it still does the same thing. I took the exit hose off and let it run and it seems like the drain pump is working because I can feel air coming out of the exit valve as the pump runs, however, it doesn't seem like there is as much pressure coming out as I would imagine needed to move waste up the hose. In fact it doesn't even budge the small black rubber flapper that covers the exit valve on the pump itself. Is this normal? I'm thinking I may need a new pump, but that still doesn't answer why when there is no water left it won't move past this point in the cycle. Also, my drum never spins.....probably because it needs some signal from the drain pump I imagine. I am mechanically inclined and don't mind doing the work, just need some direction. Help please!!!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:18:45 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the tech sheet perhaps it will help you narrow it down.

The pressure out from the pump is probably OK as it is meant to pump water not air so will not have much pressure with air. Also you have to be careful to not run it too long when it is dry as you can overheat/melt the pump vanes.
File Attachment(s):
NFW7200.pdf (1,493kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
txpony  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:53:26 PM(UTC)
txpony

Thanks for the tech manual....I'll have to put off the troubleshooting/repair for a while. My wife decided to seize the moment and upgrade to a top of the line Samsung instead of fix the washer she hated anyway. For now it'll sit in garage and when I get around to working on it (never) I'll use the manual. Thanks for your response, take care.
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2022 4:06:02 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
MY machine is doing the same thing its amana brand
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 5:24:28 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My machine is stuck on wash mode
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply