Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sptophat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:04:42 AM(UTC)
sptophat

Groups: Registered

I started up the oven to make a pizza. Heard a buzz and a pop and smelled some electrical heat. After unplugging it and pluggin it back in - the oven didn't heat on bake, broil or convection. The display looked like it was functioning fine, but no heat. The bottom oven (a warming drawer/oven) works fine. The stove top elements all work fine. I contacted the store i purchased it from to have it diagnosed and get a repair estimate. I was told the "control" was bad and that I would need a new "control" and overlay (because the overlay if often damaged during "control" replacement. The estimate for repair is ~$500 which is about 1/2 the cost of the unit. I'm in the buy another or repair quandry. Seems a waste to junk the unit when it otherwise works ok. But I couldn't get a part number from the shop to order direct (only if I buy the whole repair). So, even if I replace i'll probably still try and repair and recycle this one to someone who needs it. But - i'm having trouble identifying which board is the "control" on this unit. Other boards seem to suggest that the clock/timer control board needs repair. Any thoughts or advice? I'd hate to purchase the wrong part.

thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rickgburton  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:54:43 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

ERC part #316418704 takes about 15 minutes to replace. Unplug the range. Slide the range out, remove the back of the console, remove the screws holding the ERC. Leave the wires on it and remove the overlay slowly then just let it dangle. Install the overlay on the new part and install the part then swap the wires from old to new. You're there.
denman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:01:22 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire GLEFM397DSA Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

The control board and the clock/timer are the same part to the main oven elements.
Item 20 in Backguard Parts section.
The overlay is item 20 A.

Before ordering anything unplug the unit and check the wiring from and to the board and oven elements, to be sure one of them has not shorted to ground.

Also when you have it unplugged check both oven elements.
Sometimes they can blow out and take the control board with them, usually you can see wherer the element's cramic coating has blown out.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sptophat  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:21:05 PM(UTC)
sptophat

Groups: Registered

wow amazing thanks!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply