Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunshine1017  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:11:27 PM(UTC)
sunshine1017

Groups: Registered

Last week my whirlpool dryer model #LEQ9508PWD quit spinning but there was heat. After a lot of research, it turned out to be a bad thermal fuse. Replaced that and dryer appeared to be working fine. Then today the heating element went out again. I replaced this a year ago. Is there something else I could check that could be causing these other problems? Thanks in advance!

Forgot to add that I noticed the heat turns on when I start the timer, but without hitting the start button.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:59:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sunshine1017 Go to Quoted Post
...I noticed the heat turns on when I start the timer, but without hitting the start button...

Does it do it now? If yes then unplug the dryer and don't plug it back until it's fixed.

Quote:

... today the heating element went out again...

Can you explain it more detailed please? Did you check the heating element for continuity?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Whirlpool LEQ9508PW0 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
sunshine1017  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 6:47:13 PM(UTC)
sunshine1017

Groups: Registered

Last week the dryer was heating, but it would not spin. It was the thermal fuse. Replaced that and when I plugged it back in, it would spin and heat but I noticed that it would heat when the timer was turned, before hitting the start button.

Now, it won't heat at all but it does spin. So I took off the heating element and can plainly see that it is the problem.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:06:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Very likely the heating element was shorted to the ground. Hopefully the new heating element will fix it. Whirlpool has redesigned this part and possible you will need to order 2 new connecting wires because of the different terminals.

- The heating element Part number: 279838
Part number: 279838

- The connecting wire (order two) Part number: AP3134638
Part number: AP3134638

Gene.
P.S. Click on the heating element part number or picture to watch the installation instructional video.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply