Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ravynfire  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:51:07 AM(UTC)
ravynfire

Groups: Registered

I have an Admiral dryer that up until about a month ago I have had no problems with, when suddenly it just stopped working. No light when I opened the door, no nothing. After doing some research online it seemed the thermal fuse to be the likely culprit, so I replaced it along with the thermostat which came in the kit, and the dryer sprang back to life. The only problem is, it will only run for about 10 minutes and then cut off. If I presed the button again after it shut off it would work agai for a bit, then after about the 3rd or 4th time of doing this it would finish the cycle. Yesterday, however, it conked out again with no light. Once the dryer cooled off it would run again. I can, however, run it for a full cycle with no heat.

Can anyone offer any guidance in this? Obviusly the dryer is overheating, but with a new thermal fuse and thermostat I'm not sure where to go next. Could it perhaps just be a faulty thermostat? I tried putting the old thermostat in and it does the same thing. Or, is there another part I should be looking at? I have tested with a meter all the connections and everything seems to be getting power appropriately.

Thank you much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 1:24:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts includes a wiring diagram.
Parts for Admiral ADE7000AYW Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]so I replaced it along with the thermostat which came in the kit[/COLOR]
What was the pat number of the kit. I cannot find a kit with a fuse and a thermostat for this unit.
Also did you clean/check your vent system as this is the most common cause of the thermal fuse blowing.

[COLOR="Blue"]The only problem is, it will only run for about 10 minutes and then cut off. [/COLOR]
By cut off do you mean that the unit stopped running or that you just lost the heat?
Also could you restart it right away or did you have to wait several minutes before it would restart?
If you had to wait the likely cause is that the motor is overheating. It then trips it's internal thermal protect and you have to wait for the motor to cool down before it will restart.

Yesterday, however, it conked out again with no light. Once the dryer cooled off it would run again. I can, however, run it for a full cycle with no heat.
This is very weird as the only component I can see that will stop the unit and also turn off the light is the thermal fuse but once blown it is blown and needs to be replaced.
Are you sure you put the 2 parts you received in the correct locations?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ravynfire  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 3:49:02 AM(UTC)
ravynfire

I purchased this kit on Amazon:
53-1182 Thermal Fuse Kit REPAIR PART FOR WHIRLPOOL, AMANA, MAYTAG, KENMORE AND MORE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050KL4Q4/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

By not running I mean the entire unit stops running. If I press the knob again it will start running again, but does seem to overheat (it wasn't doing this at first, but has started now). Then nothing works - the dryer won't start and there is no interior light in the drum. Once the unit cools, it will restart however. It will run without issue on air dry, with no heat.
ravynfire  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:35:01 AM(UTC)
ravynfire

Originally Posted by: jjaulet Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem with admiral gas LNC8764A71, I replace the thermal fuse and blow again, I verify the high limited fuse and have continuity, the cycling Thermostat may are the problem? The dryer is overheating any idea if I have to check other item.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I have the high limit one too. Frustrating! Hoping someone can help? :)
denman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:38:14 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
ravynfire

As I said this is very strange as there is nothing in the motor circuit other than the motor's internal thermal protect which will reset but that should just stop the motor and not effect the drum light.

I would shut power off to the unit and check the connections at the terminal strip. Make sure they are tight and there is no sign of arcing. The white and black wires are the important ones here as they run the motor and light.

If all OK I would also check the power cord plug for signs of arcing.

If OK then check the wall receptacle.

My thought here is that there is a poor connection somewhere in the power line to the dryer. and once it warms up it is opening killing power to the unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply