Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmastrus  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:43:49 PM(UTC)
jmastrus

Groups: Registered

We were having mini-explosions in our single burner oven, then no lighting at all. I replaced the igniter and now the igniter glows very brightly and I hear and smell gas, but no ignition after one minute so I turn it off.

Could this be from igniter no being far enough in? It didn't go in quite as far as the previous one.

When it did light before, I did notice a hole in the burner pipe where flame would come out halfway down the pipe. Could the extra hole reduce the pressure at the ignition point?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:35:58 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Try to understand why the new ignitor is not mounted the same way as the old one. Would you post a picture of the burner and ignitor? That will help a lot.

Simon.
jmastrus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:24:28 AM(UTC)
jmastrus

Groups: Registered

I will take a poicture when I get home tonight.

When I inserted the new igniter from the rear of the stove, it didn't go in as far as the old one and the metal box cover had no clearance.

Last night I removed the oven floor and flame spreader and was able to wiggle the igniter in a bit more pulling it from the inside, but then I broke the tip of the igniter and had to order a new one.

I suspect the igniter may not have been in far enough? The gas hissing started very quickly when the igniter was in (before I wiggled it in further), but the burner didn't ignite.

There is a burn through about halfway down the burner tube. Not huge, but could that reduce the pressue of the gas at the ignition site? Is replacing the burner tube difficult?

Thanks for your help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply