Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sprankles2012  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 5:03:01 PM(UTC)
sprankles2012

Groups: Registered

I have a washer that won't stop filling and floods. I checked the water level switch hose, it had some gunk in it which I removed. I also clean the piece that it attaches to on the tub. I started the washer and blew into the tube and the air pressure tripped the switch and it stopped filling, but when I attach it to the tub it doesn't trip the switch. I should also mention that it has been intermittently been leaving the clothes wet after the spin cycle. The tub won't be full, but the clothes will be heavy with water and there has been a moldy smell. It has been a great washer until the past few weeks.

Thanks for any help.

-JP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:55:28 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You did a good job of diagnosing the problem.

For some reason your tube is leaking, there may be a hole or there may be a problem where it attaches. If the tube is ok the switch may be bad. That is it will trip when you blow hard, but not with the pressure from the tube.
sprankles2012  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:09:38 PM(UTC)
sprankles2012

Groups: Registered

Thanks for responding Sidfink. I thought that might be the case, so I actually did replaced the hose and it still didn't work. Finally, I ended up blowing on the other end of the hose to see if maybe there was something clogged up in the little box on the side of the tub that the tube for the air switch attaches to and that did it. It now works just fine. Thanks again for getting back with me and this is a great resource.
-JP