Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom_Va123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:48:46 PM(UTC)
Tom_Va123

Groups: Registered

:confused: [FONT=Arial","sans-serif]My MaytagMSD2356AEA side-by-side refrigerator has in-the-door water and ice dispenser. Lastnight during one episode of getting ice, the motor driving the auger keptrunning and won't stop running even when the ice dispenser paddle in the doorreturns to its full out position. Opening the freezer door turns the motor off.I had to pull the crusher bin out of the freezer to shut off the motor. What do I need to do to fix this problem?[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

diyStevo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:45:24 PM(UTC)
diyStevo

Tom,

I don't know if you've fixed your problem already, but I had the same exact issue this January. I fixed my Maytag problem by replacing the door panel control card. You can see my repair forum thread "Ice Dispenser Won’t Stop Running" with the help I got from Simon. It was a very easy fix, although the part cost over $100.

Best of Luck,
Steve
diyStevo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:23:42 AM(UTC)
diyStevo

The problem did NOT get fixed with the door panel control card. The same problem with my auger motor continually running returned about 2 weeks later. So I got a replacement door panel control card and tried again but the replacement didn't fix the problem this time.

So I contacted Simon again and he suggested the main control board. I put in a new main control card (located in back on the bottom by the compressor) and it's been working fine for 1 week now. I now have the original door panel control card back in the fridge with a new main control card in the back.

Good luck with your repairs.
Steve
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply