Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dia  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:08:16 PM(UTC)
dia

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/1/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1

my stove caught on fire and 2 weeks later my over the range microwave stop working. when you try to heat up food it made a weird nose and smell like fire. I need to repair this problem can anybody help me diagnosis the problem.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 4:54:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

The problem can be a bad HV diode, a bad HV transformer or a bad magnetron.

You have to have a simple multimeter to check these parts. Let us know when you will be ready and we will guide you through the troubleshooting.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MMV5186AAB MWAVE- MOUNTED UNDER CABINET | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
GE microwave repair help (Microwave Repair)
by Tom in Crozet 4/28/2011 7:07:55 PM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.