Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Manuel Arce  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:14:41 AM(UTC)
Manuel Arce

Groups: Registered

When I turn the machine on the timer starts at 13 on all wash cycles rather than the normal start time. The timer then counts down to 1 and it stalls there until I have to manually turn it off. The unit never fills with water but there is a motor running the entire time.

I replaced the control unit with one I purchased from Appliance Pros and I had the same problems. The control starts at 13 for all wash cycles and counts down to 1 and stalls except with the new control unit no motor comes on at all. Yes I installed the jumper on the new unit. In fact I purchased a new jumper and then I used the old jumper to check if it made a difference.

I have also changed the pressure chamber assembly.

I recently downloaded the trouble shooting manual and started checking some of the components. The first one I checked so far is the inlet valve. I measured the resistance on it and it has just under 1000 ohms (996) I assume that is close enough to determine it is fine. I turned the unit on and measured the voltage across the valve terminals and I am not getting any reading. So that means the control unit is not sending a turn on signal to the valve. I still don't know if that is because the control unit is bad or if there is another sensor out telling the unit it is full of water and therefore it starts at 13 minutes.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.