Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Martsirt  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:55:19 AM(UTC)
Martsirt

Groups: Registered

Just did this on my fridge. Works great thank you hugely for posting this simple fix. I did have issues with the TRIM sticking at the bottom, stubborn and tight but it came out eventually, very glad I didn't snap it. Also the wire to be bent is very rigid and I needed an extra set of hands to hold the mechanism whilst gripping it with two needle nose pliers to make the bend. Thanks again to all. Yay crushed ice!!!!!!
whiskeyd@hotmail.com  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 6:12:03 PM(UTC)
whiskeyd@hotmail.com

I may have the same problem. Mine works sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't.
3gle5432  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 2:29:41 AM(UTC)
3gle5432

I'm having the same problem, did your leak a little water? could you inform me

Originally Posted by: DJ in WV Go to Quoted Post
Just to follow up on this issue, I got it fixed this evening. It was not the auger motor actuator or any other electrical part for that matter. It was a simple matter of a very slight adjustment and minor lubrication.

If anyone is interested, I'll post what I found and how I fixed it.

Thanks for all the page views and if this will help someone else out there, I'll post it.
hybridtrendz  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:58:05 AM(UTC)
hybridtrendz

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out which way to bend the metal hook? Did bending that fix this for the long term?

We've been fighting this for over six months, almost ready to bite the bullet and call a 'repair person'
ben.schemmel@gmail.com  
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 6:16:21 PM(UTC)
ben.schemmel@gmail.com

I have the same question as asked a few months ago. I'm not sure what we are actually bending on this to fix the issue. Is it the rod in the second image from the fourth post I think? If so, which way should it be bent?
jester22  
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:48:54 PM(UTC)
jester22

I just fixed mine in less than 10 min. I held the wire with the left hand and the right hand pliers I bent it down just slightly. Put a small arch in the wire. Hope this helps.
bsaccount  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 9:42:59 AM(UTC)
bsaccount

I've been dealing with the same issue and finally got it fixed thanks to you guys. I accidentally broke off a couple tabs on the lower corners while taking the trim off, but everything fits back together fine. It'll probably be easier to take the trim off next time if I have to deal with this again :D
jkiphale  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:13:19 AM(UTC)
jkiphale

DJ in WV response is spot-on. Thanks! The fix worked perfectly. just bent the wire detent slightly downward and the flap locked open for the proper amount of time. Purely mechanical issue. Poor design, apparently, since it frequently happens.:)
JJL  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 4:02:06 PM(UTC)
JJL

Originally Posted by: jkiphale Go to Quoted Post
DJ in WV response is spot-on. Thanks! The fix worked perfectly. just bent the wire detent slightly downward and the flap locked open for the proper amount of time. Purely mechanical issue. Poor design, apparently, since it frequently happens.:)

Didn't work for me. No amount of bending the clip helped, but removing the clip and slightly rounding the end that rides in the mechanism with a Dremel did the trick for me.
To remove the clip, first push against the clip on the right and move it backwards until it derails from the guide. Next, while pulling the clip slightly on the right, push against it on the left to collapse the leaf spring until the clip jumps out of its holder.
Now keep track of the right side of the clip and slightly round its end to remove the sharp edge, then reinstall in reverse order.
Agree that this is a very poor design that has obviously not been tested as it should have before going into production.
skyman2112  
#30 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 8:27:30 AM(UTC)
skyman2112

I knocked the little spring out of the flapper door track when I was cleaning the microswitch. This post solved my problem I just popped the wire back in the track and now the door stays open to dispense ice.
I Used contact cleaner on the microswitch then 1 drop of wd40. Works like new again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply