Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
garnerld  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:12:53 AM(UTC)
garnerld

Groups: Registered

My husband took the ice dispenser out and determined that on ours the solenoid no longer has enough power to keep flap open. Weakening the springs does help temporarily but we just ordered a new assembly from this site for $113.
Colton3310  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:35:26 PM(UTC)
Colton3310

Thanks for sharing your points.
I think anyone who need, please making photo slideshow with Kvisoft Flash Slideshow Maker.
iorizzo  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:00:39 PM(UTC)
iorizzo

if you test the door without it mounted to the fridge it closes too far and the rod falls out. Found this out the hard way while changing a micro switch.
wjfisk  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 11:04:49 AM(UTC)
wjfisk

Great information, great tips!! However, how do you get inside the door to get to the mechanism. I tested out you solution by reaching up and holding the flapper open while pressing the ice dispenser and it dispenses ice as long as I hold the flapper open. Now I just need to figure out how to get into the mechanism.
clay36  
#15 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
clay36

Originally Posted by: DJ in WV Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, teagues, the problem with mine was/is the little metal rod that the spring rests against not locking into its holder to keep the flapper door open. The bent end of the rod locks into a recess in its track to hold the door open, seen here:

31-20975 - JES1334WD001.pdf (458kb) downloaded 130 time(s).

I added some lubrication to the tracks, red arrows, and worked it in.

I then turned my attention to the spring:

Motor connectot.jpg

I used a little screwdriver and bent the spring out a little to add more resistance to get the rod to lock.

REF02-09 - French door refrigerator - no ice production.pdf (76kb) downloaded 133 time(s).

It worked, but not completely. The dispenser is working, but it is intermittent at times. I still have some tinkering to do with it to get it right.

Thanks for the pics mine works great now
wjfisk  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:58:03 AM(UTC)
wjfisk

I finally broke down and had a technician come. What I had done was lubricate the moving parts with a silicon lubricant and also used a Dremel to grind down a couple of linkages that I thought were part of the problem. It worked for about a week. I watched the technician and he knew exactly what the problem was because he had encountered it before. It only took him about 15 minutes from the time he came until he was ready to leave.

The issue is a wire that connects two of the linkages. The wire is straight with a bend on each end that goes into holes on the plastic linkages. All he did was put a slight bend in the middle of that wire and the dispenser has worked perfectly since.

Now my only complaint is the speed that the ice maker makes ice. Living in Florida, we use ice constantly.
ldkraemer  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:01:31 PM(UTC)
ldkraemer

DJ in WV,
THANKS! My Frigidaire Service man showed up, and was skeptical about bending
the Flapper Rod. He said that wasn't it. I said it has fixed one, and it's worth a try.
So, as I powered off the Breaker, he removed the Flapper Assembly. After removing the
end of the rod (on the right in your Photo) and bent that end about 10-15 degrees, he
reassembled the Flapper Rod. As I went downstairs to turn on the Power, he reassembled the Refrigerator User Interface & Flapper Assembly.

He also was amazed that in Test #36, I could reach up into the dispenser, and open the flapper with my finger and see the display change to OP from CL.

To his amazement, it worked the first time. Total repair time was less than 15 minutes.

I just knew it would work. THANKS AGAIN!

Larry
appliance_dude  
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:48:25 PM(UTC)
appliance_dude

I have the same problem. Tested it by stopping the flapper after it popped open and the ice went flying out.

Would appreciate any site or links on how to access the linkage.

Thank you
teckkev  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 2:05:02 PM(UTC)
teckkev

Same here. Any pics or vid link to the wire that needs bent?

Thanks!
ldkraemer  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 2:42:48 PM(UTC)
ldkraemer

Yes, on Page 1, Posting #4 there are three nice pictures, with a RED arrow pointing
towards the wire that needs about a 10 degree bend. Mine is still working fine.

To get access, CAREFULLY and EASILY pry the Outside Bezel from around the Ice
Dispenser on the Left Door. Remove 4 to 6 screws and loosed the hose, and swing
the Flapper assembly out so you can see the the small wire rod. Bent it about 10
degrees with two sets of pliers. Then reassemble. It's not that bad a job, just
be careful with the outer TRIM Plastic.

Larry
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply