Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Max Headroom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:10:24 PM(UTC)
Max Headroom

Groups: Registered

My Bosch dishwasher stopped cleaning its loads a few days ago, and I determined that the spray arms were not turning. I know all the basics so I removed the filters and cleaned them, took all the spray arms off along with the riser tube, checked that everything was clean and clear and then ran a cycle with the filter parts in the rack and a heavy vinegar load.

No dice; the bottom arm turns rather slowly, but the upper one does not turn at all, or only in small jumps. Both spin freely. Both are cleaned out and clear. There is definitely water running through the spray arm system; as always, I am having trouble determining whether it's the usual amount or "enough."

The one thing that seems wonky is that a LOT of water is coming out of the top spray head - when you snap the door open, that's where the overspray and splash come from. It LOOKS as if too much water is exiting up there, but I can't see anything wrong with the spray head - nothing is broken or obviously missing. However, the spray gaps are pretty big, maybe half big enough to slide a nickel through, and I wonder if some additional spray or blocking element is missing.

Anyone have a detailed photo or drawing of the late-model, higher-end Bosch top spray head? Or other ideas about why the arms wouldn't be spinning even though there is a pretty fair water flow through the spray arm tubes?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.