Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
firebird_1995  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:26:50 PM(UTC)
firebird_1995

Groups: Registered

hey great site! im a hvac tech out of my element working on a ge through the wall air conditioner model number ajes10dccm2. customer said the unit stopped cooling (and actually shut off) yesterday. he turned the unit off, came in the next day and tried it again and now it runs intermittently. upon arrival i noticed the condenser and evaporator coils were horribly dirty and the volume of air (even on high) was very low. so i cleaned the coils but the unit still has low volume of air. the fan really struggles to get up to speed. i have checked the following; fan capacitor is rated for 2.5 uf, tested at 2.4 uf. tested between fan motor legs to ground, no shorts. ohmed between legs, measured 35,85,120 ohms. i can hear a relay cycle in when you move the fan speed control between high and low and there is a slight change in volume. from my research ive found that this seems to be a common occurrance with these types of units but havent read of any solutions. im leaning towards a defective fan motor but would like to find some electrical data on the fan motor (model number wj94x10257) particularly the ohms between the start, run and common legs do verify this before i condemn it. thanks for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.