Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wildt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:19:18 PM(UTC)
Wildt

Groups: Registered

Service tech advises that Microwave cannot be reparied. The oven works fine.:mad:

I understand that the microwave part of this unit is not sold separately.

Can the microwave be replaced on this unit?

Is its wiring integral to the whole unit, or does the microwave have a standard plug?

If I can replace the microwave, I would like to see detailed drawings so that I can determine distance to mounting screws in the feet of the microwave, and maybe find another model that can replace it

Thanks in advance
Tim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Wildt  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:27:28 PM(UTC)
Wildt

Microwave has bolts at four locations at feet that attaches it to frame on top of oven. Easily taken out with offset screwdriver or 1/4 drive ratchet, socket and phillips screwdriver bit. Makes it easy if you move control panel on oven out of the way

Microwave has a standard plug.

Now, all I have to do is find a microwave with dimensions that will fit.

Distance between feet on bottom of microwave are 19.5" W x 11.5" D

:D
Pfennigh  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:55:20 AM(UTC)
Pfennigh

Were you able to find a replacement microwave that fit the mounting holes in your combo Micro/Oven? I have the same problem and am going to tackle a replacement this weekend.
PRTex  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:02:39 AM(UTC)
PRTex

Same problem here. Can you share what your final resolution was?

Thank you.
Kathy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:34:23 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The cladding on my microwave fell off and the tech said the he does not have (nor can Sears provide any)
sticky tape that holds it on. Offered to order a new door, buy naturally Sears does not make this model any longer.
Totally disgusted with this unit. Does anyone know, firstly how I can remove the tape off the door and the cladding, and secondly where
I can find some tape. Tech said it’s a little thicker than the “sticky tape” you buy in the store.
Kathy  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 8:00:09 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The cladding on my microwave fell off and the tech said the he does not have (nor can Sears provide any)
sticky tape that holds it on. Offered to order a new door, buy naturally Sears does not make this model any longer.
Totally disgusted with this unit. Does anyone know, firstly how I can remove the tape off the door and the cladding, and secondly where
I can find some tape. Tech said it’s a little thicker than the “sticky tape” you buy in the store.

In answer to one of the posts - we solved the problem by going to a “reputable” appliance store in town and he gave us some kind of tape. Haven’t put it on as yet, still have to scrape off the old tape. What a pain!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply