Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robin hood  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:54:55 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Groups: Registered

This side by side Fridge , needed New compressor, Put one in, worked fine but started bu t the compressor start switching on and off shorter and shorter. the fRidge did get to normal operating temperatures. It know just comes on for about 15 seconds the goes off. I am ready to replace External Thermal Protector and relay to replace the Ordinarily relay. There 3 wires 2 white and 1 Red not sure how to wire them to External Thermal Protector and the relay. there is also capacitor as well do need to add this to compresso as well.
Thank you for help in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:44:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Who and how long ago replaced the compressor? If you did it yourself, can you describe step by step how did you do it please?

Gene.
robin hood  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:41:17 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Who and how long ago replaced the compressor? If you did it yourself, can you describe step by step how did you do it please?

Gene.

Hi Gene,

I the compressor was replaced about 2 week ago,

1. Tested the old compressor on Run, Start Run, compressor failed.
2. replaced with new one.(these steps i took)
3 Put nitrogen in Hi and l low lines.
4 Soldered the two Hi and low lines to Compressor
5. Soldered the Service port into compressor.
6 cleaned system it Nitrogen through Compressor Service port. (checking for leaks)
7. using vacuum pump, vacuumed the system ( checking for leaks)
8. Reconnected the capacitor and relay that came with previous compressor , did not use New External Thermal protector, Relay, capacitor that came with unit
8. started unit Add R134A Freon through service port in compressors slowly and in stages
( 6 0z) through set of pressure gauges. checked pressures.
9. allowing 24 hrs to unit to run normally
10. ran few days , keeping temperature gauge inside the fridge measuring the temperature.. Noticed the compressor was running only for short time, but was cooling fine.
11 Switch off Fridge for few days.
12 . Switch on and the compressor only came for approx 20 seconds and going off , not enough to check pressures or start cooling.
13. Checking to see if I need to replace with New relay and capacitor and external Protector.?

Checked = No Continuity on the the Start DEV and Run Capacaitor that was on fridge from previous Compressor.

Thank you !!!
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:02:08 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You should use the start relay and overload witch came with the new compressor.
Have you replaced the filter drier when installed a new
compressor?
What was the low side running pressure?
What is the pressure at witch compressor shots off?

Thank you.

Simon.
robin hood  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:26:46 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Thank you Simon

Before I can start the Unit

there 3 Wires not sure how connect to External Thermal protector, Relay, capacitor that came with unit.

can find sicamatic There 3 wires

2 White 1 Red.

Does Red go External Thermal Protector ?
Does 2 whites go Relay and capacitor ?

Do need add Capacitor ?

I did not add New filter Dryer, I thought only large Ac compressors need them. I have add one. Thanks

Once compressor get electrics are going, I check low pressure, I have to break into line with Adapter. and give Shut off pressure.

Thanks Again...
Mike
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:34:22 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Don't add the drier - replace the old one!
Don't brake into any lines to check the low side pressure. Use the port at the compressor.
There must be wiring diagram inside the compressor box.Use all the components supplied.

Simon.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:13:09 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Robin,

Unfortunately your knowledge for such job is much bellow the needed level. I'm afraid, as the result, the new compressor is already got damaged.

When you decided to do it, you had to start with learning some theory and principals of domestic refrigeration. We might help you if you would post it before you start this project. I'm afraid it's too late now.

Gene.
robin hood  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 8:06:47 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Hi Simon,

Thank you

1. the Fridge came from Lows and has hardly been used. The compressor failed. look like it used once and went wrong,That why i did replace Dryer Filter. I will change it.

2. The Compressor comments does come Diagram, that's not problem its wiring from the unit which I don't know, How do get Specs sheet for this Fridge. The New pats are different from the Original parts.
There 3 wires that supplied from fridge the 2 White and 1 Red to connect the New compressor parts to.

3. I have been using Compressor port to check pressures and add Freon. I have only worked on Home Ac before.

Thank you
Robin
robin hood  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 9:26:22 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Thank you for your help,Like they Knowledge is Power, If i found this wonderful site earlier, I would sort help.
I look at another compressor if New parts don't work, Thank you

I

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Robin,

Unfortunately your knowledge for such job is much bellow the needed level. I'm afraid, as the result, the new compressor is already got damaged.

When you decided to do it, you had to start with learning some theory and principals of domestic refrigeration. We might help you if you would post it before you start this project. I'm afraid it's too late now.

Gene.
robin hood  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 11:58:42 AM(UTC)
robin hood

Hi there there 2 Lines according to specs to add the parts to Compressor

can help with Spec Sheet for this Fridge or were I can get them from.

The Compressor comments does come Diagram, that's not problem its wiring from the unit which I don't know, How do get Specs sheet for this Fridge. The New pats are different from the Original parts.
There 3 wires that supplied from fridge the 2 White and 1 Red to connect the New compressor parts to.

Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply