Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jladd  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 10:28:17 AM(UTC)
jladd

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser on my GE drips after first use--that is, if I turn the water off, leave it off for a bit, then later turn it back on there is no drip. However once water is dispensed the valve starts dripping--about once per second.

I have tried cleaning the valve via the outlet tube using compressed air (a guess) and trying to flush it with isopropyl alcohol (a friend's suggestion). Neither cured the drip.

I have checked with the APP chat line and the representative there could not find anything about my problem and was referred to this forum.

So, I am looking for the part(s) number(s) that I need to replace--hopefully--with instructions how to do the job.

Any and all help with this issue is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 12:53:23 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Most likely you have a dripping water valve. Replace it with the new style. Cut off the plastic nuts from the tube and insert it into the connection all the way.

The water valve Part number: WR57X10026
Part number: WR57X10026

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric TFX26CPDABB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
jladd  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:28:26 AM(UTC)
jladd

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the information and diagram both are most welcome. However this is my first attempt at replacing any refrigerator part, I assume (hopefully) there is a logical, non-destructive process to get at the water valve to replace it. Do you all have a disassembly procedure? I have no clue where to start.

Please note, I am adept with hand tools and have successfully repaired autos and computers. I presume that the freezer door is yet another 'logical' mechanical assembly. I am reluctant to 'hack' my way into the door: I may well make my situation worse than it already is.

Thanks, jladd
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:05:53 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The water inlet valve is located at the back bottom of your refrigerator. Just follow the water inlet line. Don't forget to turn the water off.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply